Amplify Blog Submission Guidelines
”My story is important not because it is mine…but because if I tell it anything like right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I, of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way.”
- Frederick Buechner
PURPOSE: The Amplify blog is going to be primarily focused on community and connection. It is our hope that through your voices, we can all learn, connect and achieve – both professionally and personally. We hope that it can be a source of inspiration to other techy do-gooders and those who want to expand their borders and grow professionally and personally.
- Please email posts via these guidelines.
- Submissions should be less than or equal to 750 words. There are “idea topics” below.
- Although Amplify is a group centered around those identifying as women/nonbinary/trans persons who work in nonprofit and higher ed technology, please note that we are interested in hearing from those who identify as male. If you identify as male then please check out our Amplify Partners & Accomplices initiative and get invovled!
- Your personal journey: How did you get involved in nonprofit and/or higher ed technology? How did you get where you are?
- Work/Personal Life Balance: How are you able to juggle all the responsibilities you have in the many roles you play? What are some helpful things you’ve learned in the process of becoming a respected professional woman/nonbinary/trans persons? With all the hats you wear, how do you maintain balance and equilibrium?
- Passion: What are you passionate about? What has changed your life (either personally or professionally)? How are you making a difference in the world around us?
- Being a woman/nonbinary/trans person in NPO & HED Tech: What challenges do you face in nonprofit and/or higher ed technology? What challenges do you face in the corporate world?
- Your area of expertise: What particular area of expertise do you love to focus on?
- Art and life: How do you infuse art and personal expression into a life neatly characterized by dots and dashes?
- Anything else that lights your fire!
We hope to read your story soon!